Dental veneers: porcelain veneers and composite resin veneers
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are also known as porcelain veneers or composite veneers. They are thin shells that are tooth-colored and custom made to fit your teeth and improve their color, shape, and appearance.
What types of problems can dental veneers correct?
- Space between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Externally/ internally stained teeth
- Stained fillings
What are the alternatives to dental veneers?
One of the closest alternatives to the dental veneers is composite resin which is a tooth-colored filling material that may be used for making dental veneers says dentist in Piqua, OH. The dental crowns can also be used for correcting same issues such which are corrected by the veneers.
What are the advantages of porcelain veneers?
- They last for a longer duration. Though thin and brittle, once bonded to tooth, they become strong.
- They can create a very natural look which resembles with natural enamel.
- They resist staining.
What are the disadvantages of porcelain veneers vs. composite resin veneers?
- The porcelain veneers are fabricated in dental laboratory which means they need two visits.
- Porcelain veneers are also expensive than composite veneers.
- As porcelain veneers can’t be repaired, you need to replace them once broken.
Are you a good candidate for dental veneers?
You are a good candidate for veneers if you have:
- Unhealthy teeth
- Weakened teeth
- Inadequate amount of enamel
- People suffering from teeth grinding
What’s Involved in Obtaining Porcelain Veneers?
- Your teeth will be examined
- The dentist may trim the enamel
- Impression is taken to make exact replica of the teeth
- In second visit, temporary veneers are removed
- The fit of the veneers is examined by the Doctor
- Once you approve, the veneers will be cleaned and bonded with cement
What Care is required to maintain Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers can chip and come off if fail to care for them properly. For improving the durability, you must follow good oral hygiene and have dental examinations and cleanings twice a year.