Invisible Braces: The Solution to a Straighter Smile
Many people think about braces as just a way to fix a crooked smile, but there are actually many other issues that can stem from crooked or crowded teeth. They can cause an increased risk of other serious dental issues such as gum disease, tooth decay or broken dental work. Some people also do not want to have to wear the large metal braces associated with teeth straightening, especially adults that can feel like they are too old for braces. Luckily, a nearly invisible alternative is available.
The Invisalign Advantage
Invisalign has revolutionized the way teeth are straightened. Instead of metal brackets attached to the teeth and attached together with metal wires, Invisalign uses clear aligner trays to move the teeth into their desired location. Aligners are switched out every few weeks as incremental steps to ensure the teeth align correctly and move towards the end goal.
Benefits of Clear Alignment Orthodontics
There are many clear benefits and advantages to using clear aligners.
- Allows the wearer to straighten their teeth without others noticing
- Schedule fewer orthodontist visits since wires and rubber bands do not need to be adjusted or changed out
- Remove them during meals to fully enjoy what you are eating and not have to deal with cleaning between brackets
- Brushing and flossing is easy and does not involve working around the braces
- Can be removed whenever you like, but need to be worn at least 20 – 22 hour a day
Invisible Adult Braces
For adults, Invisalign is a smart choice to straighten teeth inconspicuously. Invisalign is also much more affordable than many people assume, and can help prevent dental issues in the future…so Invisalign could end up actually saving you money in the long run. Do you have crooked or crowded teeth and want to straighten them? Give us a call to set up a consultation!