Tooth loss is very common. Studies show that 69 percent of adults between the ages of 35 and 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth (and the numbers increase with age). The loss of a tooth affects self-confidence, normal chewing function, oral health and, ultimately, overall health. You also have a higher risk of serious dental problems like bone loss, occlusion problems, and periodontal disease.
Dental implants are a stable and long-lasting way to replace a missing tooth or a tooth that has been extracted. By restoring the normal look, feel and function of a natural tooth, tooth implants promote good dental health and overall health, and improve self-confidence.
When to Consider Dental Implants
If you are unhappy with the look and feel of a missing tooth, are concerned about the health-related consequences and want a permanent tooth restoration solution, the dental implant specialists and team at Sunset Dental in Piqua, OH encourages you to consider dental implants.
To qualify as a suitable candidate for dental implants, you should be in good general health, have adequate jawbone to support the implant and have healthy, disease-free gum tissue. Our team can work with you to develop a plan of treatment. We will help you determine where and how your implant should be placed, and help you pick the right type of implant.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
Why are dental implants one of the most popular ways to replace missing teeth?
- Restore the look of a normal smile. Your implants will be custom created to mimic your surrounding teeth for a seamless result. It will be impossible to tell your implants apart from your natural teeth.
- Restore full chewing function. You can enjoy all of your favorite foods and not have to worry about limiting your diet to soft foods. Implants also help to preserve a normal bite.
- Do not need to be removed or occasionally replaced. Implants remain in the mouth at all times. They won’t shift around in the mouth and do not need to be removed for cleaning. Implants also prevent the surrounding teeth from migrating into the gap left by a missing tooth.
- Don’t rely on the surrounding teeth to function. Your surrounding healthy teeth do not need to be filed down or otherwise altered to anchor the implants.
- Prevent bone loss by keeping the jawbone stimulated with normal chewing.
Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants are placed during a two-stage process. The first part of the process is to place the implant post (which resembles a tiny rod or screw) into the jawbone during a surgical procedure. Anchoring the post in the jawbone is what makes the restoration so stable and long-lasting. The implant post heals for a period of three to six months; during that time, the post integrates with the jawbone. When it has healed, the second part of the process occurs. An artificial tooth (generally a crown) is attached to the top of the post and sits on top of the gums.
Dental implants should be cared for like normal teeth. They require regular brushing, flossing, and dental visits. With the right care and maintenance, implants can last for the rest of your life.
Enjoy Life with Dental Implants
If you would like to learn more about how dental implants can improve your smile, self-confidence, and quality of life, contact Sunset Dental in Piqua, OH today. We would be happy to schedule a consultation for you to meet with our dental implant specialist.
$199.99 Cleaning Special
2 Cleanings 2 Exams And Any Necessary X-Rays per year
$69 New Patient Special
Includes Comprehensive Exam, X-Ray, Cleaning, And Floluride Treatment
Now Only $4500 For An Amazing Smile
Save 20% for a year
with a $20 donation!
Clear Braces with Invisalign
$3,999 Implant Special
Dr. Lytha K. MillerDDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery)
I am passionate about dentistry and helping people achieve oral health. This is why I educate my patients about the connection between dental diseases and heart health, stroke, diabetes, and overall wellness.