Who is a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists are dedicated to the oral health of children right from infancy to their teen years. They are qualified as well as experienced to take care of child’s teeth, gums, and mouth through various stages of childhood.
What Kind of Training Do Pediatric Dentists Have?
The pediatric dentists have completed at least:
- Four years of dental school
- Two additional years of residency training in dentistry for infants, children, teens, and children with special needs.
What Types of Treatments Do Pediatric Dentists near 45356 Provide?
- Infant oral health exams including assessment for caries in mother and child.
- Caring for dental injuries such as fractures, displaced, or knocked-out teeth.
- Preventive dental care, which includes fluoride treatment, cleaning, and suggestion for diet and nutrition.
- Repairing tooth cavities or defects.
- Managing gum disease and conditions, including mucoceles, ulcers, etc.
- Habit counseling for thumb sucking or pacifier use.
- Diagnosis of oral conditions such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, etc.
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting improper bite.
Where Can I Find A Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentist practices in a variety of locations including private practices, dental schools, and medical centers. The pediatrician can help in finding a pediatric dentist near you in OH.
Pediatric Dentist in Piqua— The Best Care For Children
Children are as easy to treat as adults. They have their own fears and apprehensions. Not every dentist can treat children. Children are not always cooperative and patient and hence you need a pediatric dentist who knows how to tackle kids. Also, the pediatric dentist uses specially designed equipment in offices, which are arranged and decorated keeping children in mind.
A pediatric dentist offers a wide range of treatment options and expertise to care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth. If your pediatrician suggests that your child receives a dental exam, be assured that they will offer the best possible care.
How to Find a Pediatric Dentist:
You can visit the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Website or ask for references from friends and family or your pediatrician as he would give best suggestion.